I would like to introduce my newest typeface, it is called »Fiorentina«. The name implements flowery as well as Florence. I designed it after buying one of those incredible Florentine wrapping papers at my favourite paper-shop in Munich.
The font turned out to be an ecstatic, abundant, embellished script in the Renaissance tradition. It could have been made for the Medicis or Sforzas. I designed it completely new.
I gave Fiorentina many different swashes and understrokes, alternate upper- and lowercase characters, 659 glyphs in all! The font has all letters and accents for for basic English, the Central European languages, Baltic, Roumanian and Turkish.
This is one of the most beautiful typefaces I ever designed.
Your very versatile designer of beautiful typefaces Gert Wiescher
- Þeudo – Betrachtugen zur Lage einer SpracheStefan Laberer
- Leitsystem der Universität VechtaJörg Frenzel
- Das Psychogramm des Selbstständigen 3 | Markus NebelSaskia Friedrich
- Shape Sorter - Alternative Prototype
- Das Psychogramm des Selbstständigen | Markus NebelSaskia Friedrich
- Coded Cultures FestivalGRAFIKUM - Studio für Gestaltung: Julia Juriga-Lamut, Marion Mayr