My intent was to explore the English rock culture of the late 50’s and early 60’s using American pop culture and the black leather jacket as the main point of focus. The social and political values of the period leading up to the rocker movement is one which sparked a radical alteration to the behaviours in young people, and has since been the gateway to further movements such as skin heads, punks and the hippies.
The badges found on the jackets create a visual language and identity. I've used this same communication technique to present my dissertation, highlighting the key points that it covers and allowing the reader further into my piece. I then tried to further contextualise the piece with close up images and textures that surrounded the rockers.
- TYPOGRAPHY | Font — Hand Stamp Play Rough Serif Manuel Viergutz | Typo Graphic Design
- ConceptBoxMoshik Nadav Typography
- ALCHIMIE DU VERBE_silkscreen posterThomas Raimondi
- Die Welt in 100 Jahren — Zukunftsutopien von gestern und heuteChristine Wenning
- Poster "Det is Berlin bei Nacht"Nicole Obermüller
- Fraeulein v. ScuderiDrushba Pankow