The Kimchi font had its starting point in the making of the film "Cloud Atlas", based on the novel by David Mitchell and directed by Lana & Andy Wachowski and Tom Tykwer. A first version of Kimchi was created by graphic artist Henning Brehm for the film set "Papa Song" – an underground fast food restaurant in a futuristic Neo Seoul in the year 2144. It was used for the menues, advertisement and packaging.
Kimchi was later further developed to become a useable typeface: it works for headlines, street art stencils and of course as logo font for korean fast food restaurants.
Kimchi is available at VetteLetters and MyFonts: http://www.myfonts.com/fonts/vetteletters/vlnl-kimchi/
- Book and Poster: 30 DialogeGRAFIKUM - Studio für Gestaltung: Julia Juriga-Lamut, Marion Mayr
- Prinz Apfel Buchkalender 2015Birgit Palma / Jasmin Herz
- imaginary companionsMaurice van Brast
- It's Raining ElephantsIt's Raining Elephants
- The 'I play the DJ' poster (true story)Nelson Vassalo
- Extra Extra nouveau magazine erotiqueSamira Ben Laloua