The Kimchi font had its starting point in the making of the film "Cloud Atlas", based on the novel by David Mitchell and directed by Lana & Andy Wachowski and Tom Tykwer. A first version of Kimchi was created by graphic artist Henning Brehm for the film set "Papa Song" – an underground fast food restaurant in a futuristic Neo Seoul in the year 2144. It was used for the menues, advertisement and packaging.
Kimchi was later further developed to become a useable typeface: it works for headlines, street art stencils and of course as logo font for korean fast food restaurants.
Kimchi is available at VetteLetters and MyFonts: http://www.myfonts.com/fonts/vetteletters/vlnl-kimchi/
- Tel Aviv based Magazine by Moshik NadavMoshik Nadav Typography
- Design, Anfang des 21. Jh.Saskia Friedrich
- TYPOgraphy //FONT ScriptSerif (for free)Manuel Viergutz | Typo Graphic Design
- Excavate. A Book about Collecting ThingsYevgen Anfalov
- 3D printed logoJoshua Koomen
- DMMA OnlineStar 2010 – OpenerJan Schönwiesner