Slanted in Rhineland-Palatinate: Beratungsstelle Formgebung
Slanted Special Issue Rhineland-Palatinate
The newly released Slanted Special Issue Rhineland-Palatinate deals with regional design as well as arts and crafts. The German federal state has a long tradition of arts and craftsmanship, supported and kept alive by a strong middle-class as well as strong regional institutions and cultural drivers. Awards such as the State Prize for Arts and Crafts promote, amongst others, outstanding gem and jewelry designers, ceramists, silversmiths, carpenters, barrel makers, and textile designers of the region.
The Beratungsstelle Formgebung is an institution of the consortium of the Chambers of Crafts in Rhineland-Palatinate, which advises crafts enterprises on questions of product design and marketing. It is a key task of the institution to create awareness and visibility for the creative diversity within crafts by means of exhibitions, competitions and participations in trade fairs.
Due to its manifold activities and involvement the Beratungsstelle Formgebung has a profound overview of the arts and crafts scene in the state, which manifests in the triennially awarded state prize that brings together the most talented craftsmen in the region. The presented pictures show a selection of laureates.
Supported by descom—Designforum Rhineland-Palatinate.
1. Edu Tarin @edu.tarin, edutarin.com, Photo: © Michael Jarmusch
2. Roswitha Kaster @roswithakasterphotographie, roswithakaster.de, Photo: © Roswitha Kaster
3. Philipp Gröninger @philippgroeninger, philipp-groeninger.de, Photo: © Philipp Gröninger
4. Tischlerei Sommer @tischlerei_sommer, tischlerei-sommer.de, Photo: © Michael Jarmusch
5. Monika Nickel, flechtwerk-gestaltung.de, Photo: © Michael Jarmusch
6. Martina Stertz, martina-stertz.de, Photo: © Michael Jarmusch
7. Podium.Wert.des.Handwerks, podium discussion at the Federal State Representation RLP in Berlin, 2019.