Slanted × Kickstarter Mentoring & Publishing Program
Submit your project now!
International design magazine Slanted & Kickstarter are teaming up to launch an open-call for graphic designers, typographers, photographers, illustrators, editors, and art directors who seek funding for a project in the wider field of print publications in 2020.
This spring, 10 selected candidates will receive one-on-one mentoring sessions with Kickstarter’s team to help them successfully build & promote their campaign, as well as editorial and promotional support on Kickstarter and Slanted channels. Slanted will chime in with their expertise on the creative and entrepreneurial side of things.
The most outstanding projects are granted a chance to get published by Slanted Publishers. Slanted’s publishing program reflects their own diverse interests, focusing on contemporary design and culture. They work closely with their editors and authors to produce outstanding publications with meaningful content and high quality.
Applications will be open for 6 weeks until April 19th, 2020. Once we reach this date, we’ll begin the review process to select 10 projects. We will then get in touch individually to discuss the next steps.
What is there to win?
If you’re part of the selected candidates, Kickstarter & Slanted will be offering:
• Mentorship and advice from Kickstarter experts on planning & promoting your campaign.
• Promotion of your campaign through both Slanted & Kickstarter channels.
• Mentorship and advice from Slanted on the production phase.
• A chance to be published by Slanted Publishers, which means:
◦ Integration into the publishing program
◦ ISBN number
◦ Worldwide distribution
◦ Listed at German National Library
International promotion on all channels, e.g. Slanted blog (100K users monthly), Instagram 92K, Facebook 54K, Twitter 10K, Newsletter 35K ≈ appr. 290K reach
◦ Assistance with final artwork
◦ Professional proofreading
◦ Fair financial conditions (individually by project)
What are we looking for?
• Unique, creative, and bold print publications
• Within the fields of Art, Design, Photography, Illustration, Typography, Visual Journalism
• In form of zines, magazines, books; especially welcome master and bachelor theses in the mentioned fields
• Minimum planned print run of 300 copies
• Chosen candidates must be willing to make modifications on their work, if they are picked for the publishing program