Cyanidin Screen Printing
Screen Printing With PH Indicator
Printing at home is popular—Cyanidin shows you how it works. Watch the tutorial and find out how to make your own screen printing vegetable colorant with ph indicator:
1. The Color
– cook red cabbage for 30 min. in water
– evaporate 80% of the colored water
– thick it with cornstarch
– let cool down
– stir creamy
2. The Prints
– screen print with it
– let dry prints
3. Color the Prints
– Take two spray bottles
– fill them with water
– add caustig soda to the first bottle
– add citric acid to the second bottle
– spray on pictures, (red is acid, green is soda)
– to get brown or yellow, use heat
It is vegetable colorant, so the pictures will not last forever, but you can exhibit them a few months. Its ephemeral art. Soda and acid you can get as powder in a grocery store.
Silkscreen printing is a technique that involves using a mesh screen to transfer ink onto a surface. While traditional silkscreen printing involves using specialized inks, it is possible to make your own natural vegetable-based inks at home to use with this technique.
Watch the full video tutorial here!