Preorder: Please Come: Shameless/Limitless—Selected Posters & Texts 2008–2020
Please note: This is a preorder-option, book will be shipped once released approximately mid of June 2021.
Please Come: Shameless/Limitless Selected Posters & Texts 2008–2020 is a 536-page brick of a book. It charts the history of Shameless/Limitless, a Berlin promoter whose trajectory has paralleled (is responsible for?) the establishment of the most recent iteration of the city’s DIY music scene.
The book includes:
- 219 posters for shows, parties and events spread across 40 Berlin venues made by 130 designers, notable and newcomers alike.
- 24 guest texts which celebrate and shed light on the ethos of the S/L spirit, from buds including musicians (Alex Cameron, Molly Nilsson, Sean Nicholas Savage, infinite bisous, Jane Penny of TOPS, Farao, Sam Vance-Law +++) designers (Aisha Franz, Tabitha Swanson, Jason Harvey and Natalia Portnoy to name a few), kindred spirits and more.
- Over 100 original event promo texts.
- Posters for first or early shows from now-established artists (Alex Cameron, Better Person, Erika de Casier, Fatima al Qadiri, Ultraflex +++) to memorable nights with artists passing through town (Metronomy, Crack Cloud, Project Pablo, Pender Street Steppers, Handsome Furs, Geneva Jacuzzi, Homeshake) to recurring shows and parties with heavy hitters (Molly Nilsson, Mac DeMarco, Win Butler of Arcade Fire, Kirin J Callinan, Sean Nicholas Savage, TOPS) and, of course, much more.
- An interview between frequent contributor Norman Palm & S/L founder Kevin Halpin.
... and a couple more nice things, too.
Immerse yourself in the unique aesthetics of the Berlin DIY-club scene!
Norman Palm, fertig design
Zille Sophie Bostinius
17 × 24 × 3.2 cm
Pinguin Druck, 4-color Offset
Softcover, Thread stitching
Condat matt Périgord 1.1, 90 gsm, Polarcard+, 290 gsm